Sophisticated and efficient long-term logistics solutions
Commonwealth provides dedicated contract warehousing for more sophisticated clients who require a long-term logistics solution.
Our contract warehousing solutions typically involves:
- Lease of a stand-alone site or space within an existing facility for a term of at least one year.
- Comprehensive staffing including warehousemen, clerical support, and management.
- Operation of our 3PLink WMS or implementation of the client’s preferred system.
- Deployment and fleet management of all material handling equipment.
- Installation of security system, pest controls, cameras, and pallet racking system.
- Warehouse layout optimization for maximum efficiency.
- Implementation of all pertinent KPI and quality systems for continual improvement.
- Freight management of rail cars, intermodal drayage, local/regional TL shuttles, and LTL.
Affordable Plans That Suit Your Business
Unless specified in your RFQ, we offer clients the option of a variable rate structure, a fixed management fee, or a hybrid of the two depending on the business scope. We pride ourselves on finding creative solutions. Our goal is to forge a long-term relationship with all our clients and become a true logistics partner. We believe helping clients determine what method is most cost-effective is a great foundation for this partnership.
Commonwealth has extensive experience implementing contract warehousing solutions. Our first opportunity to manage a dedicated contract warehouse was brought to us by Procter & Gamble. We contracted with P&G to manage a support warehouse in Greenville, North Carolina, which we operated for four years. Our success with the NC project led to another opportunity in Oxnard, California, where we ran contract operations for both P&G and Pepsi Cola North America for over a decade. Since 1993 we have implemented nearly a dozen successful contract warehousing operations.
Commonwealth's Contract Warehousing History
- 1992 P&G awards operation in Greenville, NC
- 1996 The Nature Company awards operation in Florence, KY
- 1997 P&G awards operation in Oxnard, CA
- 1998 Pepsi awards operation in Oxnard, CA
- 1998 P&G awards operation in St. Bernard, OH
- 1999 Boise Cascade awards operation in Cincinnati, OH
- 1999 Qualis Automotive awards operation in Hebron, KY
- 2007 Ingersoll-Rand awards operation in Cincinnati, OH
- 2013 Emery Oleochemicals awards operation in Cincinnati, OH
- 2013 RockTenn awards operation in Cincinnati, OH
- 2014 BYK/Atlanta awards operation in Cincinnati
- 2015 Appvion awards operation in Cincinnati & Kansas City
- 2016 Craft Brew Alliance awards operation in Cincinnati
Why Outsource Logistics?
Outsourcing logistics allows for a company to reduce its costs while being able to refocus on its core business functions. Selecting the right 3PL to run a contract warehouse is crucial. Commonwealth has a proven track record of success with large-scale contract warehousing operations. White page studies are available as well as references who can vouch for the fact Commonwealth is the right choice.